Thursday, April 16, 2015

Breakfast Room - Week 3- Nuts and Candied Nuts!

Paint and patience can do marvelous things. The walls are finished and the lights are going up.



I have been obsessed with this light fixture from House Beautiful from a million years ago and carrying the image around forever. Finally, I thought, here is my chance.
The husband was not a super fan but, I headed along anyway until I realized he was right. Beautiful as it is unlike the room in the image the Breakfast Room is smaller and the light would be bang in the middle of the bay window and block all the sight lines of the room. Nuts.

House Beautiful

Candied nuts. Ha! Ha! As much as I love it, it does not work over the table but, could it be that the sconces in the bay window could be recipients of this treatment? YES!!

Image result for house of troy pl20
Library Light


I still need a center light. I do not want anything mass produced, it cant block the sight lines, my size requirements are specific (nothing worse than a too small, too high mounted light over a table). My hands turned to claws clicking away. Then BAM! Jann Richardson, of  The Lamp Goods solved everything with her Booth Bay Pendant. It is the perfect, size, scale, weight everything is right. It is meant to be here.

 Booth Bay Pendant Large

The window seat was in my cross hairs from the day we bought the house. I have no good reason why, especially sense I really like window seats but, I wanted it gone. The husband, the architect and the builder all said "NO!". They were all absolutely right. I love it the children love it it gets used a lot. I did however make an effort to not go near it for months to prove a point.

The window seat housed a now removed radiator. We thought about installing flat panels where the grill work is but decided it would be a blocky mass of white. Rather a fabric panel is being made to mount behind the grill work. Softening the visual of the seat, bringing a little color and highlighting the pattern of the grill work.




I want the window seat to be a cozy spot for the children to read since they will be doing their homework on the table. A window seat cushion, a supply of colorful pillows and seat pads for the chairs are in the works and hopefully everything will meet the impending finish.


FURNITURE FABRIC NIZAM MUSTARD
Lisa Corti
Collection: Indian Pattern: Scroll Style No: 4154 Color: Wine/Sky Content: 100% linen Width: 53 in Repeat: 3.5 in
Kathryn Ireland
Pindler & Pindler


Week 3 of the Calling It Home One Room Challenge. I hope you have checked out the other participants. We are all finally getting to the really fun stuff!







2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that light! And I'm glad you're keeping the window seat. It will look beautiful with all those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracious. Can you imagine what a disaster it would have been to make anything work in that room if I had gotten rid of it.!? Eek.

    ReplyDelete