Thursday, April 30, 2015

Happy Overconfidence

I got the goods. It is all up to installation, floral arranging, accessorizing, keeping the children O-U-T out of the Breakfast Room and coaxing Annie Leibovitz levels photographic perfection out of myself and my Nikon.

Everything in this room I love. Each piece of fabric,  the trims, the art and accessories has a hand wrought quality. Trivial as this one room may be it reinforces the fact that in a world that is so turbulent and sometimes ugly there are people who can create something beautiful, leave a positive mark and make another person happy. 




One piece is extra special. My mother, named by the children "Big Momma", stitched a seasoning guide the year I was born. The panel was framed and hung on the wall of my childhood home until that house was sold. Divine providence kept the unframed fragment safe during the renovation of this house and after careful cleaning the panel was inset into of one of the pillows.  




The seat pads for the cane chairs!  The pattern, the color, the protection for the cane! 




The blue linen used throughout the Breakfast Room is the same shade of blue as some of the panels in the Kitchen's leaded glass windows.




The blue is repeated in the ceiling and the rugs. All coming together.




I am not a DIY'r. I am a DDIY'r.  Over the last 5 weeks I have watched  the 150 plus participants in the Calling It Home One Room Challenge  do 1,001 things  to  perfection. Their inspiration has lead me to an over abundance of confidence. I know I am not Home Depot. "I can not do it and there is no one here to help". Yet I seem to think I am able to take on dressing up the side porch, painting and stenciling a 30' x 22' patio, actually do the interior design work clients are expecting, and plan a birthday party. Guess what folks... my children will probably be dirty and eating a lot of Chipolte. 



Good news with the concrete patio I really cant make it look worse.
I am going to have to raise my game or fail spectacularly.





Until the BIG REVEAL.











































No comments:

Post a Comment